Connect with us


Manchester City receive second first-team injury scare during international break



| Last Updated:


Ederson handed Manchester City a short-lived injury scare during his time away with Brazil this week, according to reports from South America.

The Manchester City goalkeeper is one of 18 first-team players from Pep Guardiola’s squad to have been selected for international duty across the next two weeks, with Ederson embarking on two FIFA World Cup qualification matches in South America.

With a recent change in footballing ideologies, and as such goalkeeping strategies, Ederson has found himself as Brazil’s number one choice between the sticks having played second-fiddle to Liverpool’s Alisson for a number of seasons.

Wednesday afternoon brought about a scare with regards to the Manchester City goalkeeper however, which could have sparked a momentary rotation in goal for their upcoming fixture on Thursday night.

According to the information of TNT Sports in Brazil, as translated and relayed by Sport Witness, Manchester City’s Ederson left the field along with the Brazil national team doctor in a situation that onlookers believed was an injury problem.

However, it was clarified that the goalkeeper was in fact just being taken to a dentist after a tooth cap fell off which required attention. As such, it is still expected that Ederson will be available to face Venezuela in a World Cup qualifier on Thursday night.

The situation surrounding Ederson became the second fitness scare in the opening three days of the October international break, following on from information provided by the England international camp.

Following the narrow 1-0 Premier League defeat to Arsenal on Sunday afternoon, Manchester City’s vice-captain Kyle Walker was absent from England first-team training ahead of their international friendly against Australia later this week.

However, it was reassured that the veteran full-back was instead simply following an individual training programme away from the rest of the squad, as he continued his recovery from the clash at the Emirates Stadium.